See some of my images from a recent NYC photo walk and how you can apply these tips to your own city photos to capture the heart of the city wherever you are.
In this next James Maher gives you six steps for tackling street photography – actually getting out and doing it, and doing it well. If you struggle to get meaning and a story in your images, give these tips a try.
Capturing a fleeting moment and being ready are super important for street photography. If you want to up your game, read these tips rom James Maher, NYC photographer, on how to set up your camera so you don’t miss a shot doing street photography.
6 Street Photography Tips to get you started including: be patient, look for light and shadows, photograph some people, get involved, keep shooting after sunset. Click through to the full article to see some stunning images of Cuba and read the whole story!
Valerie Jardin talks about street photography. Here’s a short list of a few of the things you will learn about in this interview:
– how to take storytelling images
– how to get started photographing people if you’re nervous about it
– the best lens for street photography
– keeping the photography passion alive
– post processing and black and white
– how to get over that “grass is greener” feeling, and get out shooting in your own area
– what is the “Decisive Moment” and how to use it in your photography
– photographing people on the street: is it okay, what to look for, approach
– when do you need a model release for people photography, what are the rules