Street photography can be a difficult genre to master. It often contradicts many of the ‘rules’ and techniques that you may have learned in other areas of photography.
Because of these challenges it’s easy to make mistakes and can be hard to progress without a little helping hand.
Here in this section, you will find advice from experts in this area of photography. These guides will help inspire and educate you. You will learn how to avoid common mistakes as well as how to set up your equipment and how you can get over your confidence issues to take better photographs on the street.
- How to avoid street photography mistakes
- Images from photo walks with tips to apply them to your own photography
- How to optimize your camera for street photography
- Tips on how to tell stories through your images
- How to combat your nervous when starting to shoot on the street
- Know the best equipment for street photography
- Post processing tips and tricks
- Understanding the “Decisive Moment” and how to use it in your photography
- Knowing when you need to use a model release form
Street photography is all about speed and capturing the fleeting moments to tell stories.
These articles are full of tips and advice that you can use to start practicing right away. Take your time to read through the articles and learn how photographers capture meaning and story in their images.
Remember, the best way to tackle street photography is to get out and practice! Are ready to hit the streets and start capturing the story of the the places you visit and the people you need? Then take a read of my top articles below to get started.