In this 4-hour photography class, you’ll learn some of the most important next steps in your Photoshop education so you can move to the next level using this powerful photo editing tool.
You’ll get tips for how to use many of the tools, how to make selections, what to do with a selection, advanced layer options, and so much more.
This is for you if:
- You are fairly new to Photoshop but want to know more
- You are a Lightroom user but want to understand when to hop over to Photoshop and how to use it
- You struggle with understanding how to use the tools for removing objects and things you can’t do in Lightroom
- Layers, masks, and blend modes are confusing to you
This is NOT for you if:
- You have never done any photo editing before
- If you haven’t taken our Photoshop 101 class or have a similar skill level
- You are a beginner to photography
- Or you are a Photoshop expert who’s been using it for years
If you fall into one of the total beginner categories above, you can certainly join in and attend this class. But in all honesty, I’d recommend you get Luminar AI or Luminar Neo. They are much easier to learn, with a much smaller learning curve than Photoshop.
This Photoshop class is PACKED FULL of value. You’ll learn:
- How to use Smart Objects for non-destructive editing
- Using filters and plugins on a layer directly or as a Smart Filter
- More advanced layers (Blend modes, opacity, grouping layers, texture/bokeh overlays)
- History settings and how to use it
- Alignment tools for arranging elements and layers in relation to other parts of the image (centering things, etc.)
- All about Brushes – brush size, opacity, color, how to choose and set a color, painting on a layer versus a mask
- Nifty trick – how to make your own custom brush with your signature or logo!
- Cloning and Healing tools and how to remove unwanted “stuff” or objects from your image
- Transform tools to resize your image or just one layer
You’ll also have lifetime access to the recorded version so you can review the lessons as often as you like.
As well as all that you also get the following:
- 6 bonus files (2 texture overlays, 2 bokehs, 2 skies) so you can practice.
- A Photoshop keyboard shortcuts PDF for you to download and print out.
- A PDF notes handout of all the slides seen in the lessons.
- 3 layered PSD files that were used in the demonstrations for you to use to practice.
- 6 other images used in the demonstrations (RAW and jpgs)
Darlene is your instructor for this class. She is the creator and main writer here at Digital Photo Mentor. If you enjoy her written articles and video tutorials this is a chance to see her live (virtually) AND ask questions about Photoshop and photo editing.
NOTE: Lifetime Access
Once you register you will get login access and have LIFETIME access to it so you can review it again any time you want.
ljstacey (verified owner) –
There was a huge amount of detail in this class. I feel as though I have a better understanding of which tools to use for selections and healing, and how to use layers and masks. I will still need to review the class to cement it all in.
Maarguerite LaHaye (verified owner) –
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Photoshop 201 contained much more information and tips than I expected. I normally use Photoshop for edits that Lightroom Classic performs poorly, and I have a basic understanding of layers and layer masks, I learned that my workflow from LR to PS wasn’t necessarily the most efficient. For example, I’ve always made duplicate of the background layer before removing unwanted elements from an image, not realizing that I could do the same by use a blank layer upper layer instead. I’ve also learned how and when to use a clipping mask, and when to turn a layer into a smart object (more often than I thought, it appears). As the information was a lot to absorb in one afternoon, I’ll look forward to reviewing the Photoshop 201 lessons one at a time as soon as the recording becomes accessible. In closing, I’d like to thank you, Darlene, for going out of your way to make sure I had the right link to access the the session on Zoom. I’ll make sure I find the link well ahead of time, when I sign up for Photoshop 301 in March.
Margret Schuller (verified owner) –
I am a Lightroom user and a while I use Photoshop on rare occasions I usually get frustrated. I signed up for Photoshop 101 and I loved it and learned a lot. Darlene’s plain English and patient explanations made it easy to follow 101. Hence, I enrolled in Photoshop 201. Darlene always makes sure that she answers every question, regardless how much extra dedicated time it means she must give her students. Photoshop 201 is now waiting for me in my account ready to work through the course in my own time and with the help of Darlene’s guidance. I now have enrolled in 301. Thanks!