In this 3-hour photography class, you’ll learn some of the most important Photoshop basics so you get started using this powerful photo editing tool.
You’ll get tips for how to set up your preferences for optimal performance, how to customize the workspace, learn how to do basic things like zoom in and out, resize your image, etc., You’ll also get an introduction to layers and so much more.
This was a course I learned from in the first 5 minutes I was on the Zoom. Where has this instructor been all my life? What great content and so efficiently delivered. Scottie Kersta-Wilson
This is for you if:
- You are brand new to Photoshop
- You are a Lightroom user but want to understand when to hop over to Photoshop and how to use it
- You struggle with understanding the basic interface
- You aren’t sure where to begin
- The tools are confusing
This is NOT for you if:
- You are using Photoshop Elements or PSE
- You have never done any photo editing before
- You are using a really old version of Photoshop. New features covered may not be available to you
- You are a beginner to photography
- Or you are a Photoshop expert who’s been using it for years
If you fall into one of the total beginner categories above, you can certainly join in and attend this class. But in all honesty, I’d recommend you get Luminar AI or Luminar Neo. They are much easier to learn, with a much smaller learning curve than Photoshop.
This Photoshop class is PACKED FULL of value. You’ll learn:
- How to open Photoshop and set up your preferences correctly
- About color profiles and working color space (and what they mean)
- How to add your copyright information and other metadata
- How to customize the program (which panels to show, how to move them around, etc.) so it works best for your setup
- Basic things like moving around the image and zooming in and out
- A run-through of the most common tools you’ll need to use
- Adobe Camera Raw overview
- How to use Photoshop in conjunction with Lightroom (how to transfer images, when to jump to Photoshop)
- About the history and how to undo steps
- About layers
- Get a brief overview and introduction
- How they work
- Adding a layer
- Rearranging them
- How to use Adjustment Layers
- How to add Text
- How to save images
- What the various file formats mean
- When to choose PSD, TIF, JPG, or PNG
You’ll also have lifetime access so you can review the lessons as often as you like.
Darlene is your instructor for this class. She is the creator and main writer here at Digital Photo Mentor. If you enjoy her written articles and video tutorials this is a chance to see her do Photoshop training live and in person.