On this final day of the 5-day editing challenge, you’ll learn about how to fix some common image problems. It’s not as glamorous as getting creative, but these are really handy things to know.
I’ll cover these problems and more:
- Perspective distortion correction
- Chromatic aberration
- Sharpness issues
- Reduce or remove noise
- Remove an unwanted color cast
- Remove or erase things from the image
AI Photo Editing: Read my review of Luminar Neo, the next generation photo editing using AI. It’s an industry game changer. If you’ve already got it, enrolling in my Luminar Neo course should be able to get you up and editing in days instead of weeks. Check it out.
Photography challenge themes for the week
Over the course of the next five days, you’ll be working with these photography themes and practicing these editing techniques:
- Day 1: Quickstart using Luminar AI templates and tools – Learn how to do quick edits using Luminar’s template workflow and a few of the AI tools.
- Day 2: Contrast, tone control, and sharpness – You’ll learn how to fix a high-contrast image to retain detail all over, as well as how to give a flat image more punch and color. Masking will be covered today also.
- Day 3: Getting creative – Learn how to affect the mood and style of your images with the Creative Tools panel. I’ll provide two photos from my brand new sky replacement pack and two of my Cuba texture images for you to work with this day.
- Day 4: People and portrait editing – You’ll learn how to use the amazing Portrait AI tools and other enhancements to make your people pictures really pop, quickly and easily with the Face, Skin, and Body AI tools in Luminar AI.
- Day 5: Correcting and fixing issues – Learn how to fix common issues like removing unwanted things from your photos, lens distortion, lens flare, perspective distortion, noise, and removing a pesky color tint.
Step 1 – Sign up to get the RAW files
Raw files to process
If you register to join this 5-day challenge, you’ll be emailed a link to download the RAW files each day. If you want to start now, simply join the challenge for free. You’ll be emailed the files one day at a time, giving you time to practice your photo editing skills each day.
Make sure to click CONFIRM in the email you’ll get after you sign up. Then look for the next email with the download link for day one. Then you’ll get each of the next 4 days delivered straight to your inbox.
NOTE: If you don’t see the confirmation email, check your spam and junk folders. Also, make sure to add my email address to your contact list or address book so you get all future emails as well.
Here’s another before and after example of an image you’ll get to use if you register for the challenge.
Step 2 – Get Luminar AI
If you don’t already own Luminar AI (aff), there is currently a free trial available to use while you go through the challenge. This download link is available in the first email you will receive once you subscribe. I am a Skylum Ambassador, so I can provide the free trial, but it’s not publicly available so you will have to subscribe to get the link.
Using the free trial of Luminar AI will not allow you to learn about photo editing as you go through these tutorials, but also try out and experience what I believe to be one of the BEST photo editing software (especially for beginners) currently available on the market.
NOTE: If you download it today make sure to check for updates and then update to the latest version after you install it!
Luminar AI Discount Code: If you decide to purchase Luminar AI use my discount code DIGITALPHOTOMENTOR to get $10 off.
Step 3 – Watch the Luminar AI tutorial video on how to fix problems
Here are a few other links to things you might find helpful:
- Photo Editing Terms You Need to Know
- The Luminar AI User Manual (you can view it online or download it as a PDF and print it out)
5-Day Photography Challenge
You’re reading one of a new five-part photography challenge on photo editing. To follow along with this 5-day photography challenge, enter your email address here.
You’ll be sent a daily email with a new editing challenge, a download link to access my RAW files to work with, and a free trial of Luminar AI so you can follow along.
Join: 5-Day Editing Challenge
Step 4 – Your turn to practice
Now it’s time for you to get working on fixing some of these common problems. Please share one or more of your finished images in the comment area below.
I suggest you also try these techniques on our own images too. Share whatever you come up with and any questions you have while going through this Luminar AI tutorial.
You might also want to watch this one: How to Resize Photos for Facebook, Email and Social Media if you are having trouble sharing your images on Disqus, make sure they are under 2 MB in size and saved as a JPG.