This was a big week for Skylum with the release of their new Luminar AI Portrait Bokeh AI tool. I did an overview of the new tool and give you my thoughts in this video tutorial.
HINT: In case you didn’t already get this, I was blown away by and really impressed with the Portrait Bokeh AI tool!
Create stunning bokeh backgrounds without expensive lenses
There are several huge benefits of this tool, and if you aren’t already using Luminar AI, this might just be the tipping point for you. In my opinion, this tool alone is worth the price of the software!
Here’s an example before and after showing the Portrait Bokeh AI applied.
Here are some of the highlights and benefits of Portrait Bokeh AI:
- Automatic masking of the subject – the program does ALL the heavy-liftin for you on this!
- Plus the ability to see and edit the mask yourself if necessary.
- Full control of how much blur is applied to the background.
- Through the magic of depth-mapping you can also bring the bokeh closer to or farther away from the subject.
- You can even darken or lighten the background with ONE SLIDER!
- Ability to adjust the color temperature and warm up or cool down the background
See Portrait Bokeh AI in action
Okay enough of just talking about its virtues, it’s time for you to see the new Luminar AI Portrait Bokeh AI tool in action. Watch the video tutorial now.
So what did you think? Tell me in the comment area below if you are as impressed as I am?!
Here are a few more before and after images.
Luminar AI Update 4 – What’s new?
If you already own Luminar AI this is a free update for you to get the Portrait Bokeh AI tool as well as a few other great improvements to the software. If you want to see more about what’s new watch the video below, then go update your copy of Luminar AI.
Besides the major addition of the Portrait Bokeh AI tool, they’ve also made some improvements to the Texture and Sky AI tools. Make sure you watch the video above to learn more about those.
In addition to all of this great stuff, I’m also really excited to tell you about two new things I’ve been working on. One is available now, the other is coming soon!
Fabulous Faces Portrait Templates
If you are already a Luminar AI user, I’ve created a special set of portrait templates called Fabulous Faces. They are now in the Skylum Marketplace, CLICK HERE to get more information or to grab the set. At only $19 USD it’s a great value even if I do say so myself!
I put a lot of work into creating the set and had a lot of fun with it as well. I tried to create templates that would work well on images of people, but I’ve also applied them to street photography and other kinds of images too.
This is just a quick overview of six of the 12 templates in the collection.
- Antique Touch – add a old world look and feel to your images
- Bokeh Bliss – includes a custom bokeh overlay
- Ghoulish Grunge – add a yellow/blue cross-processed grungy look to your image
- Golden Light – bathe your subject in the sun’s golden glow
- Low Key Potrait – make your image dark and moody
- Sunset Magic – includes a custom sky image and sky replacement
Bokeh texture overlays – coming soon!
Next up, I’m currently working on an entire set of bokeh texture overlays that you can apply to your images using Luminar AI, Photoshop, or any program that has layer capabilities.
I have a few beta-testers putting them through the paces for me right now. These are a few images Phil was able to create using my bokeh overlays.
Excited to see them all? Me too! You’ll be the first to know when they are available in the DPM store.
So if you have updated your Luminar AI, I’d love to see an image you create with the new Portrait Bokeh AI tool. Please share in the comment area below.
If you don’t already own Luminar AI, now might be the time to hop on board this train! You can get Luminar AI HERE, and make sure you use my discount code to gets $10 USD off when you buy it.