Portrait Fundamentals Q&A webinar video is restricted to students taking the course. If you're a student and wish to watch the webinar, simply login to your profile using the “course login” link in the sidebar to your right.
These are the questions that were answered in Webinar One:
- Why to use a gray card to custom white balance?
- White balance for using flash and ambient
- How to simplify using a ratio and do I really measure and use it?
- Question about gelling speedlights and getting natural skin tones
- How to avoid blurry photos
- Photos on the beach in the sun, how to handle such a situation with no shade
- Lesson 18 Part 2 – Just to clarify “metering”, when the exposure is taken for the outside and then refocus on subject, does the in camera meter readjust itself or does one make sure to note the settings and move the dials accordingly?
- My biggest problem/fear is getting people to pose for me.
- I would like more in-depth instruction on shooting in “Manual Mode” using the “Exposure Triangle”.
- Comparison of strobes “studio lights” and speedlights and when to use each
- Focusing in low light
- Working with young children, posing and getting lighting patterns
- Questions about using TTL and distance to subject
- Having trouble getting good exposures with flash in sunlight.
- If you could give a rough sketch of where to position lighting when photographing a group (4 or more) and some particulars along with the set up.
- A complete listing of all available Portrait Fundamentals Course Webinars are listed on the bottom of the Portrait Fundamentals webinars page.
- Or review all Digital Photo Mentor Webinars here.