Morocco – Photo Tour
Get lost in the twisting and turning streets of Morocco’s medinas. Watch the sunrise above the highest sand dunes of the Sahara, and discover hidden treasures amongst the chaotic streets of Marrakech.
From the cities of Fez, Marrakech, and Casablanca whose streets come alive with the aroma of exotic spices and the sound of Andalusian music. To the silence and tranquility that can only be found high in the Atlas Mountains or deep in the Sahara Desert.
Escape with us on a 14-day adventure and be swept away in the cinematic romance of Morocco. Expect sunrises and sunsets over the Sahara Desert, portrait photo shoots with the Berbers of the desert and traditionally dressed men and women.
- Photo Tour: Morocco
- When: April 18 – May 1, 2019
- Max Group Size: 10
- Remaining Spots: 10
- More information & Itinerary: Photo Tour of Morocco
Vietnam – Photo Tour
Emerald green rice paddies, colourful floating markets, ancient ruins and glistening pagodas. Yes, Vietnam really does have it all.
Bursting with astonishing natural beauty Vietnam should be at the top of everyone's ‘to photograph list’.
With its dramatic countryside, vibrant cities, delicious street eats, fascinating history, and friendly locals it really is one of the world’s most up-and-coming destinations. Vietnam is developing at a staggering rate, so now really is the time to go.
Join us on this 14 day one of a kind tour created to ensure you capture everything Vietnam has to offer.
- Photo Tour: Vietnam
- When: TBD 2019
- Max Group Size: 10-12
- Remaining Spots: 12
- More information: Photo Tour Vietnam
India – 15 Day Photo Tour
From bustling Delhi, straight to the heart of North India. Rajasthan, land of Rajputs and Maharajas, an epic photo adventure to fairytale palaces, magnificent forts, and of course the dizzying Pushkar Camel Fair.
We have two photo tours of India, this 15-day tour and another shorter 12-day. Of all of our photo tours, this one seems to be one of the most popular and sells out quickly.
This tour, like none other, visits locations such as Jaipur, Pushkar, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Jaisalmer and many others.
Created by photographers for photographers and includes locations, not on any other tour.
- Photo Tour: India
- Days: 15 Days
- When: Dates: November 6 – 20, 2018
- Max Group Size: 13
- Remaining Spots: SOLD OUT
- Read more about this photo tour
Cuba – Photo Tour
In this photo travel tour, you will learn the skills and techniques of architecture photography, portraits, low light photography, night photography and more while touring the old world culture of the west half of the island. Cuba is nestled in the Caribbean just north of the Cayman Islands and just a few miles south of Florida, rich with history, rum, cigars and the dance, lots of dance.
- Photo Tour: Cuba
- When: Early 2019, TBD
- Max Size: 10-12 people
- Remaining Spots: 12
- More information & Itinerary: Cuba Photo Tour
Nicaragua – Photo Tour
In this photo tour, you will learn the skills and techniques of architecture photography, portraits, low light photography, night photography and more while touring the old world culture of Granada Nicaragua, the history of Leon and and the charm of Jiquilillo Beach.
This is also a social tourism tour. We will spend time with the local children and Hotel Con Corazon (The Hotel with Heart), who use 100% of the profits from their hotel to help kids stay in school. Enjoy Nicaragua's oldest city Granada, fine architecture, great food and style and the relaxing comfort of a beach getaway.
- Photo Tour: Nicaragua
- When: Dates TBD – Tentative November 2019
- Max Size: 10 people
- Remaining Spots: 10
- More information & Itinerary Nicaragua Photo Tour
Check out our workshops page for all the beginner and intermediate photography workshops we have to offer.
Workshops currently held in Alberta and British Columbia, with Nova Scotia Canada, and Mexico with European workshops being planned.
How Do We Define Photo Tours?
Photo tours are generally a lot longer than workshops (10-15 days or even longer is common), and you move around the country or area where the tour is taking place.
The main goal of our photo tours is for you to have an experience of the place you’re visiting, as well as to come home with great photos. You’ll see interesting things, and have the opportunity to photograph locations at the best times of the day (early morning and later afternoon).
- Travel to a new place, sometimes outside your home country.
- For both amateur and professional photographers (on the same tour).
- Photo tours move around the country to a variety of different spots, and transportation is arranged for you (plane, train, bus).
- Specially arranged photo shoots with locals or in unique places you may not be able to access on your own.
- A tour leader and a local guide to tell you about the country.
- Usually include a small to medium sized group of 8-16 people (again do your research, not all tours are equal) With our photo tours we limit the group size to a maximum of 10 people with one photography tour leader and 12-14 with two leaders.
- Most or all of your meals and accommodations are arranged for and included in the price.
- It is usually a pretty packed itinerary designed to show you the best that location has to offer, in the best light, with a professional photography teacher as your mentor to help you get better photos along the way.
- May or may not include image reviews (time and space permitting with our tours).
- NO classroom or lesson time.
- The leaders on our photo tours are there to answer your questions, give you tips, and help you if you are having difficulty. They have visited the place before and have planned the itinerary to take you to the best spots.
Why Photo Tours?
I believe that when you expand your own context of the world, you can't help but change and grow as a person and as a photographer. To see the world, experience all it has to offer is to truly live to the fullest.
“Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
Our photo tours are designed around the best light, the best locations and more time at each location!
We travel or experience the culture… we learn or relax when the light is harshest and shoot when the light is best. We've got custom designed photo tours, for photographers by photographers.
I'm guessing that if you've found this page you agree with me and Helen Keller and are up for a little adventure. I'd love nothing more than if you joined me and we shared that experience together for a while.
Come along, let's explore!