If you're a beginner to intermediate photographer who wants to take better pictures, but doesn’t want to get hung up on a bunch of technical stuff, and you want people to say “WOW” when they see your pictures … then this photography class is for you!
Buy Now Price: $149 USD
The key to portrait photography is understanding light and how your camera responds to it. In this 6 hour online photography class, you'll learn everything you need to know about portrait photography lighting and gain the confidence to take better portraits.
Other photography classes we recommend.
Learn how to master Lightroom in just a few hours. Phil Steel teaches practical lessons on using Lightroom for photo processing that'll have you creating stunning images in no time. Learn how to use the Lightroom catalog to organize all your photos. Cut loads of time off your processing so you can spend more time out shooting.
Phil is a great teacher and we highly recommend all his photography classes.
Learn more about this photography class (external).
These days you can find an online course for just about anything! The internet is saturated with people offering courses about everything from cryptocurrency to how to create an online course. This is both a wonderful thing and a total headache!
You are probably here because you want to learn to take better photographs. Great decision! But now you need to figure out if distance learning is for you, what course you should take, and how much you should pay for it.
With so many so-called experts how do you know who to trust? And why should you pay for a course, when you could just learn for free on YouTube?
Why pay for a photography course
We all know that you that saying, “You get what you pay for.”
Sure, you can lose a few days on a YouTube video-watching binge. And I’m sure you will learn some new things that will help you in some areas of photography.
YouTube is a wonderful place to get quick fixes, i.e., you have a learning gap, something you are stuck on or need to learn how to do something specific. But if you are wanting to improve your all-around photography skills you are going to need to invest in yourself – both with your time and money.
By watching random YouTube videos you are effectively putting together your own course, from a lot of different videos and instructors. When you pay for an online course, you are paying for a course that has been carefully put together by an expert.
The course will have been tried and tested by other students. You will be guided step-by-step in a logical order to support you on a coherent learning journey. And you will also be set challenges and assignments to hold you accountable.
If that’s not enough motivation, the fact that you have invested your hard earned money in a course, will hopefully give you the push you may need to complete the course.
Is learning photography online right for you?
I don’t think anyone could deny that learning photography in a classroom, with a teacher and other students, is the best way. However, that often just isn’t possible.
Here are some reasons you should choose to learn online with us:
- Convenience – You can learn where you want and when you want – that’s the beauty of distance learning. Want to learn from the comfort of your own home in your pajamas after the kids have gone to bed? You got it!
- Learn at your own pace – Need some extra time? Pr maybe you are pressed for time and need to binge watch. You are in complete control of when you do the course and how long it takes you. You can take your time to make sure you have fully grasped the contents before moving onto the next section.
- Learning on the go – Our courses can be watched on a mobile device, laptop or desktop computer. You can also have the option to download the files meaning you could watch them on a plane, train or automobile even if you don’t have wifi. No matter where you are, the learning doesn’t have to stop just because you can’t get good wifi.
Some of the benefits of learning online with Digital Photo Mentor
Although we can’t be there with you in person to motivate you and make sure you are engaging with the courses, we have created some ways to help keep you on track.
- Critique – We would love to have the time to review and offered individual critique. However, with hundreds of students, it just isn’t possible to do this and keep the course price so low. But what we do offer is an active Facebook group full of students who have taken our courses. This is where we will ask you to post your images to receive critique from others and ensure you have some accountability through your learning journey.
- Self-motivation – This is one area that really does fall down to you. But what we have done is tried to created as many ways to help you keep motivated including the course challenges and Facebook group.
- Further learning – All of our courses link together and offer beginner and intermediate photographers a clear path to follow. We also offer workshops and photo tours around the world for when you are ready to join us in person.