As a special gift for readers of the Digital Photography School web site I offer you a FREE mini-course on beginner photography or a little more advanced course on portrait photography!
We’ve got something for every skill level.
In my classes one of the things I preach to my students constantly is that in order to improve you have to get out and do some actual photography! The best way to learn anything and advance faster is to do it more often. Think about learning a language, if you immerse yourself in a country that speaks the language you will learn much faster. The same is true of photography, or anything for that matter.
Practice, practice, practice!
So I’ve created this email course for beginners that walks you through the photography basics and gives you the foundation for taking better photos. Each week you’ll receive direction on what to learn next, from personally curated articles and with a direction that allows you to learn step by step.
Advanced Shooters: Portrait photography e-Course
I understand that we often need to progress past what we’re comfortable with, or dive into that aspect of people photography allowing for better portrait shots of friends, family, or while out practicing your street photography. Also great techniques to know for when you’re travelling and want to get those great sunset portraits, or know how to process your photos with the human face in mind.
I am a solid fan!
As a teacher and college professor for over 40 years. You have continually provided instruction that people of all ability levels can plug into and not be over or under whelmed.
Thanks for the reply. You are one of the few that take time to do that.
I’ve learnt more from you than all other websites combined
I have read lots of websites before I stumbled across Digital Photo Mentor. I think I’ve learnt more from you than all other websites combined
A lot of that is the way you explain things - I’m a teacher myself and appreciate how accessible you make the information.
Thanks for all the work you’ve put into this.
A couple of weeks ago, I subscribed to your newsletter and I must say … the tips are just great.
What you get when you sign up
- Notices of new weekly photography articles, how to’s, tips and tricks, interviews and reviews
- A monthly newsletter with a secret tip just for you that’s not on the web site
- The FREE seven or eight week mini-course delivered straight to your inbox
- Information on upcoming travel photography tours and workshops
My promises to you
- I answer every email personally
- When you share your images in the Facebook group, I review and comment and will do so in a constructive, supportive, and encouraging manner – but I WILL look at them when I get a chance
- That I am here to help answer any questions you have about the content in the ebook, in the course or on the web site so that you can take better photos!
I am a professional photographer with over 24 years experience who’s passionate about teaching and mentoring new photographers. Some of the things I love include:
- Travel to exotic places with one of my goals to step foot on all 7 continents (1 remaining)
- To help other less fortunate through charities and using my photography whenever possible
- Salsa dancing and latin music, and South America in general
- Good food and good friends
- But first and foremost I live, sleep, eat and breathe photography and love sharing my passion with others!