4 Weeks to Better Photography is a no-nonsense practical photography course for beginners.
Easy to follow lessons and practical challenges. It was created by a professional photographer with over 30 years of experience shooting and seven years teaching.
Simple and easy to use
Use the camera you have
Learn to use the camera and equipment you have now. No need to purchase any new gear.
Learn at your own pace
Over six hours of instruction, lessons, and weekly challenges designed to get you out and practicing your new skills.
Feedback and support
Post the photos from your exercises to our private Facebook group. Discuss techniques and get tips from others just like you in the growing community.
Learn the terminology
Learn your ISO from your HDR. We will go through all the terminology and break it down and simplify it for you.
Become more confident
After four weeks of lessons and practical exercises, you’ll be more familiar with your camera and become more confident in your photography skills.
“New Photographers all seem to have the same questions”
I’m Darlene, the face behind Digital Photo Mentor
I have taught hundreds of aspiring photographers just like you.
For some, photography was a career change, while others just wanted to learn for fun and take better photographs on vacation, and photos of their family and friends.
But what I noticed was that they all ran into the same problems, had the same questions, and many shared the same fears.
Can you relate to any or all of the following?
- Fumbling with camera settings and missing a shot
- Photos which lack interest or don’t capture the scene as you envisioned.
- Blurry images and sharpness issues.
- How to compose images with more impact and depth.
- How to see light and use it effectively and appropriately.
- Not knowing which lens to use in a situation and why.
Get instant access to 4 Weeks to Better Photography now!
Available immediately as either online streaming or digital download so you can watch on your tablet or mobile device.
A Step-by-Step Photography Course
I began to get requests to run workshops and classes from people who read my articles on Digital Photo Mentor. They loved my articles but wanted something with a clear progression that they could work through in a step-by-step manner.
That’s when 4 Weeks to Better Photography was born, to help beginner photographers get to the WOW!
Get Better Shots With Daily Lessons and Practice
This isn’t a course that you can watch and magically become a better photographer. There is no magic pill. You are going to have to get off your butt and put in the work.
Yes, you need to watch the videos and read the PDFs. But, you also need to do the challenges and post your images in our private Facebook group for feedback. It is through this feedback and accountability that your photography will progress.
Facebook Group for Feedback
The photos you post in our private Facebook group will be viewed and respond to with feedback from others on the course. I will try to personally answer your questions and help solve your problems in the Facebook group.
I want you to become a better photographer. I want to help you get to the WOW!
What makes this course different is the same thing that makes Digital Photo Mentor different, me!
I feel your pain. I understand your frustration and I see it in the classroom with each student I help.
This course is designed to help you:
After more than 6 hours of lessons and even more hours of practical application of the principles, by the end of this photography course you’ll be able to:
- Use the camera and equipment you already have to take better photos.
- Understand confusing terminology as we break it down for you in simple terms.
- Understand more about the elements of composition and how to use them in your photography to make more dynamic images.
- Have a clear understanding of the role light plays in photography and know the best times of day to photography.
- Learn how to capture motion in photography – You will learn how to freeze a moment in time, create a blur, use panning and zooming to create special effects.
- Finally be able to take photographs in Manual Mode, and know when to use it verses the other settings.
- Feel more confident behind the camera.
Once you complete the weekly challenges you will also have a varied and interesting portfolio of photographs you’ll be proud to share.
Is this the right course for you?
This course IS for you if…
- You are ready to finally learn how to use your camera.
- You want to learn to take better pictures, but don’t want to get too hung up on a bunch of technical stuff.
- You are a beginner to advanced beginner photographer.
- You have been taking photos for a while and are ready to go to the next level.
- You feel like you have got the technical stuff down but still aren’t happy with your photos. They just don’t stand out.
- You are willing to put in the time and effort to get off your butt and PRACTICE.
This course is NOT for you if…
- Intermediate to advanced photographers.
- Professional photographers.
- People who just want to learn more about camera settings.
- Those who want a lot of technical information.
- Photographers who shoot with their mobile phone or a point-and-shoot camera.
- People wanting image processing instruction or tips.
Here’s what some of our students are saying:
I have learned so much over these past four weeks.
Darlene has a way of cutting right through all of the noise and explaining things in a way you actually understand.
I have been photographing for several years now but I kept hitting the same walls and never really progressing. I have learned so much over these past 4-weeks. And I have FINALLY started to use my camera in Manual and Semi-Automatic Modes.
Darlene is clear and concise, easy to understand.
She offers great tips without overwhelming the viewer with too much technical information. She is very encouraging and insightful and uses helpful visual illustrations as examples. The exercises are a great idea to inspire me to get creative again!
Darlene is not only a photographer, she is a teacher.
Darlene knows what she’s talking about and helped me with concepts I’d heard about but not really grasped before.
What you can expect from the course:
- In-depth weekly lessons
- Fun and interesting weekly challenges.
- A private Facebook group to share your images with other participants and get feedback.
- Instruction from a professional photographer with over 30 years of experience.
- Terminology explained using simple words.
What you will learn
- All about light
- Tips for capturing motion.
- How to get better sunset photos.
- Night photography tips and tricks.
- How to use your camera to its full potential.
- How to choose the right lens for the image you want.
- Composition rules and techniques to create more interesting photos.
Darlene Hildebrandt / Your instructor
I began my photographic journey back in the days of darkrooms and black and white photography. After finishing a 2-year photography degree I fell straight into working as a commercial photographer.
Since then, I’ve photographed over 250 weddings, sold my work as fine art in galleries, and started sharing my knowledge by teaching in 2011.
Fast forward to today and I have taught workshops all around the world, and led sold-out photo tours in some of the most magical countries. But most importantly I have helped hundreds of people just like you both in-person and online to achieve their goals.
Join over 800 Happy Customers
The pace and simple steps are exactly what I needed.
The more I get out and work on these assignments, the more I learn, and the more I realize how great this course is. The pace and simple steps are exactly what I needed to slow myself down and get an understanding of the basics.
A very big THANK YOU …
I just wanted to say how wonderful your enthusiasm and advice have been to me!
What a darling girl you are to give out so much of yourself to people like me who have to try and make sense of a whole new vast and bewildering technology!
How is This Portrait Photography Course Organized?
The course is organized into sections that lead the student through a complete understanding of the interface and tools, the workflow for using Luminar Neo as a plugin for Lightroom and Photoshop, how to fix common image problems and editing all kinds of photos from landscapes, portraits, pets, macro and getting creative by turning your photos into digital art using textures and bokeh among other things.
Camera Basics Review
Lessons 1 – 4 go over some common camera settings you need to know in order to start with a good knowledge base. You’ll review the exposure triangle, focus settings, and metering to get set up for doing portraits.
Working With Natural Light
In lessons 5 through 9, you’ll learn everything you need to know about working with natural light. Camera gear needed, lighting patterns, lighting ratio, using a reflector, and posing are all covered.
Working With Flash
Lessons 10 -16 are all about flash. You’ll learn all about the basics like flash settings, and using on-camera flash, as well as how to set up and use flash off-camera.
Indoor Portrait Photo Shoots
You’ll join us on location and learn while you watch how an indoor portrait is set up for both natural light and flash. You’ll get all the insider tips in lessons 17 through 19.
Outdoor Portrait Sessions
You get to sit in on two outdoor portrait photography sessions and learn how to deal with the sun as well as tips for working with models at sunset. Finally, you’ll see how to make a silhouette portrait!
Frequently Asked Questions
Watch and learn as Darlene and Bruce share some final portrait photography tips, things to avoid, and answer a bunch of student questions.
The Best Time to Start Getting Better Shots is Now!
If you are serious about improving your photography then you need to take action now, today. Enroll in this course, watch the lessons, learn how to use your camera, do the challenges, and start making people say WOW.
Enroll in the course now!
Purchase this beginner photography course now, and get immediate access.
Beginner Photography Course
4 Weeks to Better Photography
- 4 pre-recorded lessons
- 4 downloadable PDF workbooks
- Streaming online videos
- Weekly challenges
- Private Facebook group
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
You are fully protected by our 100% Satisfaction-Guarantee. If you don’t start to get better photos and improve your photography in 30 days, just let us know and we’ll send you a prompt refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
Forever. Your purchase allows you to stream the videos online forever, or of course download them and keep them on your own computer.
You can watch the video lessons on any device including laptop, smartphone or tablet. Unfortunately they are not available for download.
Can I still share my images if I’m not on Facebook?
Unfortunately not at this time.
Yes, but you may not have all the functions of larger cameras and be able to do all the challenges.
Just your receipt number. We’ll ask for that when you join the group. That’s it.
Yes, you can watch the video lessons on any device including laptop, smartphone or tablet. The lesson notes is a PDF which can be read on any device (you will need to download to your computer first, and then copy to your devices).
There is a dedicated technical help email address – get help when you’re stuck.
You can reach me directly by email and I can provide support and help when you’re stuck.
If you aren’t happy with the course content, just let us know within 30 days of your purchase we will give you a full refund.