First of all, Happy New Year 2018!
Well, I don't know about you, but for me, 2017 was an interesting year. I had a lot of highs (going to Colombia and Morocco) and lows (breaking my ankle there), and even some new opportunities (welcomed a new tour leader to our team – Daniel).
But one thing I do know for sure is that we shared a lot of great tips and articles with you here on Digital Photo Mentor. So I decided to do a little roundup of some of the most popular ones over the last 12 months to give you a little reading to start off the new year.
Our most read articles
Here are the top 13 articles based on how many times they have been viewed:
- 5 Mistakes Beginners Make Using a Wide Angle Lens and How to Avoid Them
- 25 Famous Photographers in History
- How to Use a Gray Card for Custom White Balance and Metering
- Using Shutter Speed to Freeze or Blur Motion
- 5 Photography Ideas for When There’s Nothing Interesting to Shoot
- How to Use Off-Camera Flash for Outdoor Portraits
- How to Use Extension Tubes for Macro Photography
- 7 Questions to Ask Before You Upgrade to a Full Frame Camera Body
- Mirrorless Cameras – Everything You Wanted to Know
- Avoid These 9 Beginner Photography Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Images
- Is the New Luminar 2018 a Good Lightroom Alternative?
- Setting up a Good Digital Photography Workflow – Dos and Don’ts
- Off Camera Flash Techniques For Dramatic Portrait Lighting
The biggest discussions
The following articles had the most comments and discussion. Many of these are the photography challenges. If you didn't participate in them at the time, you can still do so whenever you want. You just won't be eligible for the prizes, but you'll still get the benefit of the lesson by doing the challenge.
- Photography Challenge – Showcase Your Best Images
- Simplify – Photography Challenge
- Spring Into Macro – Monthly Photography Challenge
- Get Processing – Photography Challenge
- Make the Ordinary Look Extraordinary – Photography Challenge
- Shoot Wide Opened – Photography Challenge
- Create an Abstract Image Using Intentional Blur – Photo Challenge
- Monthly Photography Challenge – Limit Yourself to One Lens
- 3 Tips for Creating Spectacular Sunset Photos
- 5 Tips for Creating Spectacular Photos at Blue Hour
- 30 Minutes – Photography Challenge
- How to See in Monochrome and Create Good Black and White Images