Do you have any photography related questions you’d love to have answered?
What one thing are you most struggling with right now? If you got personal help could really leap you forward with your photography?
Could just five minutes with a photography tutor or mentor really help you out?
Ask and you shall receive!
One Hour Free Photography Q&A Session
This week I’m offering something different. I receive a lot of questions by email, comments on articles and through social media. All of which I do my best to answer. But, I want to try something different and answer some of your questions in a live Google Plus hangout. Here are the details:
Thursday January 31st at 7pm MST (9EST, 6PST, 2am GMT))
Friday February 1st at 11am MST (1pm EST, 10am PST, 6pm GMT)
If you need to convert to your local time, try this handy time zone converter.
The format for the Q&A session will be a Google Hangout. If you are not a member of Google Plus, or haven’t participated in a hangout before, now’s a great time to get yourself hooked up! You can start by reading my article How to use Google Plus, set up a profile for yourself and install the hangout plugin for your browser. I suggest doing a test hangout to make sure the software is working before you join the official Q&A hangout.
For you, if you are a photography enthusiast, hobbyist, or amateur!
There is only room for 10 people in a Google Hangout, so the maximum number of participants will be nine plus myself. Pick the date and time slot that works best for you and register fast, as these spots will not last long.
- Anything goes during these Question and Answer Sessions, ask me anything photography related from technical questions, what lens to buy, motivational ideas – anything!
- Image sharing is easy using screen share in the Hangout format and this will be an option if you wish to have an image or two reviewed and get comments on what is working and what could be improved upon. So pull out any images you want critiqued.
- 10-15 minutes will be allotted for person, depending on how many are participating and time permitting. So prepare your questions and images ahead of time and be ready for your turn.
To register for one of these FREE sessions, please follow these steps:
- sign up for Google Plus and create a profile if you haven’t already done so
- fill in the form below
- make sure to provide a link to your Google Plus profile so I can add you to my circles and invite you to the hangout
- make sure to add me to your circles on Google Plus so I can invite you to the hangout when the time comes
- run a test hangout with someone you know prior to the session so you know that your microphone, web camera and hangout plugin is working properly
- look for an email reminder from me the day of the session
- 5-10 minutes before the session time you look for the hangout invitation and join the hangout
From my perspective, I am doing this as a bit of a test. If it proves to be popular this may become a regular event, (perhaps for a small fee, $10-20). I need to know if this is a good way to help answer more of your questions in an interactive and fun manner.
Why you’d want to participate is get some great information, meet some other photography fans, and move your photography forward. You’d also really be helping me out as a bonus.
Because this is a web site where people come to learn about all things photography related, and not everyone will be able to join the live sessions – they WILL be recorded for later viewing. So if you register for one of the sessions you are also giving your permission to be recorded. That includes your questions, any images you share, the video feed of yourself on screen, and anything else shared during the session.
Hope to see you on Google Plus this week!
UPDATE – January 29th
Currently there are only one spots left for the session on the 29th and 7 for the 1st. However I’ve received FOUR registrations without links to your Google Plus profiles. Without that I cannot get you into the hangout. So please remember to give me a link to your profile when you register, otherwise you will not get the invitation.
Hurry folks, only a few spots left!!!!