In this tutorial, you will learn how to get images into Luminar 4. Whether you are using Luminar as a stand-alone image editor, or as a plugin for Lightroom or Photoshop (or something else) this will help you get started.
If you are participating in the Photo Editing challenge this month but are stuck at the gate, this is for you. Watch the video and give yourself a jump start to get going.
There are a few ways that you could be using Luminar 4:
- As a single image editor
- As your primary photo editor and image organizer
- As a plugin for other software such as Lightroom, Photoshop, Elements, Apple Photos or Aperture.
Pick your Luminar 4 workflow
Watch the video below and jump to the part that is most applicable to your own workflow.
- If you only use Luminar, just start at the beginning of the video and stop it when I get to the Lightroom part.
- For using Luminar as a plugin for Lightroom, start the video at the 5:30 mark.
- If you want to use Luminar inside of Photoshop as a Smart Object or Smart Filter, see how to do that starting at the 12:00 minute mark of the video.
Once you’ve got some images added to Luminar (or opened from Lightroom or Photoshop) you’ll be ready to get to work processing them. Here are some other videos to help you:
- How to Process Raw Files Quickly and Easily With Luminar
- Photo Editing Challenge Day 1 – Street Photography (basic editing and using Looks)
- Photo Editing Demonstration With Lightroom and Luminar
Here are the three versions of the image I processed in the video so you can see what I created in just a couple of minutes.
NOTE: The sky I used above was one from Matt Suess’s great collection of 400 sky images! It’s regularly $97 but you can get 20% off if you use this code: dpm20sky.
Buy it now CLICK HERE (#aff).
Luminar 4 and getting help
The first thing you need to do is get Luminar 4 (#aff) if you haven’t already.
I’m a Skylum Ambassador, as well as an affiliate partner with them. If you choose to purchase the software after the trial expires, I earn a small commission. There is no extra charge to you. I recommend it because I’m confident you’ll love it as much as I do.
Use this discount code to save $10 USD off the regular purchase price (must be entered exactly, no spaces): DIGITALPHOTOMENTOR.
Get Luminar 7-Day Trial here Luminar 4 (#aff)
To download the trial, use the pull-down menu at the top of the page and choose “Download Trial” as seen in this image.
Okay over to you. You can do this, it’s not as hard as it may seem at first. I have confidence in you, just go for it!