As a special gift for readers of the Digital Photography School web site I offer you a FREE ebook!
FREE eBook 10 Photography Challenges
In my classes one of the things I preach to my students constantly is that in order to improve you have to get out and do some actual photography! The best way to learn anything and advance faster is to do it more often. Think about learning a language, if you immerse yourself in a country that speaks the language you will learn much faster. The same is true of photography, or anything for that matter.
Practice, practice, practice!
So I've created these exercises to get your creative juices flowing. You can get out and photograph in your own city, or even your own home. Pushing your boundaries and challenging yourself to think differently, look at things differently, and go where you haven't gone before will help you be a better photographer.
Your writing style is like comfort food;
Last night while researching God knows what on the internet (most likely something off-camera-flash related) I stumbled upon your website and fell in love.
I enjoyed reading several of your tips and in general perusing the site. Your writing style is like comfort food; easy to ingest and digest and great fodder for someone like me who has an almost obsessive and insatiable appetite to learn and grow my photography business.
I have learned more from your site than any I've gone to.
Your explanations are simple and easy to understand and I enjoy the sense of humor you inject into the site. You make learning photography fun and not at all overwhelming! I continue to share your website with friends and family who are into photography.
Thanks for all the work you’ve put into this.
A couple of weeks ago, I subscribed to your newsletter and I must say … the tips are just great.
What you get when you sign up
- Notices of new weekly photography articles, how to's, tips and tricks, interviews and reviews
- A monthly newsletter with a secret tip just for you that's not on the web site
- The FREE ebook 10 Photography Challenges to help you take better pictures
- Links to more bonus free stuff once you get the first email
- Information on upcoming travel photography tours and workshops
My promises to you
- I answer every email personally
- When you share your images on the eBook discussion page review and comment, I will do so in a constructive, supportive, and encouraging manner – but I WILL look at them when I get a chance
- That I am here to help answer any questions you have about the content in the ebook, or on the web site so that you can take better photos!
I am a professional photographer with over 24 years experience who's passionate about teaching and mentoring new photographers. Some of the things I love include:
- Travel to exotic places with one of my goals to step foot on all 7 continents (1 remaining)
- To help other less fortunate through charities and using my photography whenever possible
- Salsa dancing and latin music, and South America in general
- Good food and good friends
- But first and foremost I live, sleep, eat and breathe photography and love sharing my passion with others!