As a special gift for readers of the Digital Photography School web site I offer you a FREE ebook!
FREE eBook 10 Photography Challenges
In my classes one of the things I preach to my students constantly is that in order to improve you have to get out and do some actual photography! The best way to learn anything and advance faster is to do it more often. Think about learning a language, if you immerse yourself in a country that speaks the language you will learn much faster. The same is true of photography, or anything for that matter.
Practice, practice, practice!
So I've created these exercises to get your creative juices flowing. You can get out and photograph in your own city, or even your own home. Pushing your boundaries and challenging yourself to think differently, look at things differently, and go where you haven't gone before will help you be a better photographer.
What you get when you sign up
- Notices of new weekly photography articles, how to's, tips and tricks, interviews and reviews
- A monthly newsletter with a secret tip just for you that's not on the web site
- The FREE ebook 10 Photography Challenges to help you take better pictures
- Links to more bonus free stuff once you get the first email
- Information on upcoming travel photography tours and workshops
What people are saying about the 10 Challenges Ebook
The fact that this book was free of charge helped me to appreciate better your work as a photographer, as a photography instructor, and understand better your passion for photography. This work helped me to improve both in my photographic abilities and in the artistic value of all around us. Thank you very much for your (this) contribution to photography, and for helping others to improve without thinking about financial gain from it. ATTN WHOEVER IS READING THIS POST: IF YOU ARE A PHOTOGRAPHER AND ARE THINKING OF READING IT, THIS BOOK IS WORTH ITS WEIGHT IN GOLD. – Noel Formosa
I was thrilled to download your e-book and to be so encouraged with the challenges you put before us in the book. I am impressed with how much information you give away and inspired by that. I am a beginner to photography, and the projects are very helpful. I am not naturally creative in this area and so your info has been helping me “look and see”. – Catherine
A couple of weeks ago, I subscribed to your newsletter and I must say … the tips are just great. Thanks for all the work you’ve put into this. I’ve put in a link to my photos on Flickr. If you have the time and are willing to take a look at them … any comments/suggestions are welcome. Thanks. – Regards Philip
My promises to you
- I answer every email personally
- When you share your images on the eBook discussion page review and comment, I will do so in a constructive, supportive, and encouraging manner – but I WILL look at them when I get a chance
- That I am here to help answer any questions you have about the content in the ebook, or on the web site so that you can take better photos!
I am a professional photographer with over 24 years experience who's passionate about teaching and mentoring new photographers. Some of the things I love include:
- Travel to exotic places with one of my goals to step foot on all 7 continents (1 remaining)
- To help other less fortunate through charities and using my photography whenever possible
- Salsa dancing and latin music, and South America in general
- Good food and good friends
- But first and foremost I live, sleep, eat and breathe photography and love sharing my passion with others!